Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Here is a thank you note we received:

Ladies,

I apologize for the delay in my response; the internet is spotty over here. I am 2LT Genevieve Bostwick (Faust). I graduated from Plymouth High School in 2008 and am now based out of Ft Hood Texas serving as a platoon leader in a Regimental Support Squadron. My parents heard about your awesome service and linked up with you to send my whole platoon quilts. I wanted to say thank you so much for the time and care you put into serving us with these quilts. This deployment has been especially hard on my platoon because we were broken apart and sent to different forward operating bases (FOBs) all over the region to handle logistical support for the region. My soldiers are awesome and step up to accomplish any mission they are given, but it can be tough for them being divided into ones and twos and sent to various FOBs with units and leadership they aren't familiar with. Being able to forward them a quilt with a note reminding them that they are not alone or forgotten, has been a wonderful gift for me as a leader. My soldiers that are collocated with me were thrilled to receive the quilts and loved the cards inside. From me, and on behalf of my soldiers, thank you so much for your time and support.

Very respectfully,

2LT Bostwick, Genevieve

Supply and Trans Platoon, Regimental Support Squadron, 3d Cavalry Regiment